Kuguri has light wild spiked up hair that he claims to be bedhead and unintentional. His eyes are down-turned and droopy, framed by slightly thick dark eyebrows. He usually holds a bored or disinterested expression.
Kuguri is shown to be an under-active and lethargic individual difficult to get fired up. His teammates also claim that he is nearly impossible to read. The Nohebi coach tends to dislike this standoffish behavior Kuguri has towards matches and it is explained that Kuguri's disinterest and emotionless state is one of the reasons why he isn't a Nohebi regular despite the immense potential and talent he holds. However, at the end of the Nohebi vs Nekoma match, he is shown to cry deeply out of frustration for Nohebi's loss.
Spring High PreliminariesEdit
It's been said that since Kuguri has such perfect form, you can't tell which direction he's going to spike the ball.
- Favorite Food: Soba with wild vegetables
- Current Concern: "My teachers are angry about my frivolous hairstyle."
- Star sign: Virgo
- Naoyasu (尚保) - Still, Peaceful
- Kuguri (潜) - Waterfall
- Kuguri's name, like the rest of Nohebi, comes from the name of a snake. Kuguri may come from shina kukuri hebi (シナククリィヘビ), or the Chinese kukri
- "That wasn't on purpose... It's bed hair." (Chapter 196 'Do or Die')
- "The fire? It's burning... somewhere." (Chapter 196 'Do or Die')
- "Numai-san... I got totally outplayed near the end... That's all on me..." (Chapter 206 'Report')