|Date of birth||April 8|
|Height||176.5 cm (5' 9.5")|
|Weight||68.9 kg (151.9 lbs)|
|Likes|| Volleyball |
|Position|| Vice Captain |
|Occupation||High School Student (3rd Year, Class 4)|
|Chapter||"The Cats and Crows Meet Again!"|
|Image gallery (33)|
Kai has jet black hair shaved into a buzzcut, somewhat thick eyebrows, and full lips. His eyes are heavy lidded, giving him a relaxed and approachable appearance. Whenever shown, he's usually beside Yaku or not too far behind him. He wears the jersey number 2.
Kai is a calm, collected, and peaceful person who is mostly in the background, giving him the role as Nekoma's vice captain. He doesn't talk much, but when he does, he's always polite. He's a very calm person in general.
Kai joined the Nekoma volleyball club in his first year, along with Yaku and Kuroo. He is shown to have put up with their squabbling, and when the first years were asked to state their goals in the club, he went along with what they said, which was to dominate nationals.
Karasuno High Team Formation ArcEdit
Tokyo Expedition ArcEdit
Spring High Preliminary ArcEdit
Tokyo Nationals ArcEdit
Not much of his abilities have been shown so far, but Kai appears to be a stable player like the rest of the team. He is flexible and very good at receiving.
Jumping Reach: 309 cm
He has a good relationship with his teammates and gets along with everyone, especially Kuroo and Yaku.
Kai became fast friends with the two during their first years. They joined the volleyball club together and were often with one another, though Yaku and Kuroo would argue with each other all the time.
- Favorite Food: Sea grapes
- Current Concern: He does have some trivial concerns, but he figures that as long as you're alive, things will work themselves out one way or another.
- His star sign is Aries.
- In Haikyuu's first popularity poll, Kai placed 34th with 324 votes. He did not rank in the second poll.
- "Have you guys already decided you're joining the volleyball club? If so, I look forward to working with the two of you for the next three years." (to Yaku and Kuroo, Chapter 200)
- ""There's not many people out there who'd believe 100% that they're the ones to win." Maybe "belief' isn't quite the right word here. There are people who are crazy about victory. (Chapter 327)