Not much is known about the school uniform.
During official matches, the boys' volleyball club's uniform consists of a dark blue and white jersey and white shorts with dark blue details. The top part of the jersey is in white while the bottom is in dark blue. The libero has a contrasting jersey with the top part of it in dark blue while the bottom is in white. He also wears dark blue shorts with white details.
Since the team only had one third year, the second years have been the main force since the Interhigh. Although Ohgiminami had lost devastatingly to Shiratorizawa, it improved somewhat for the Spring High and won its first match straight through. However, it soon lost to Karasuno in the second match.
The team's main weakness is in defense due to the players' poor attitudes towards matches and lack of proper training. Its overall attack power is average, but it's been noted by Coach Ukai from Karasuno that Towada is a player to watch out for.
For Interhigh's Miyagi Preliminaries, Ohgiminami was registered as team 54, Block I. Their venue was the Shiratorizawa Civic Gymnasium, along with Block J. Because they lost in the second round to Shiratorizawa, they only played two matches on the first day.
- Ohgiminami High School vs Senseki Academy (2:? / ??, ??)
- Ohgiminami High School vs Shiratorizawa Academy (0:2 / 10-25, 6-25)
Spring High-Miyagi Prefecture Representative Playoffs (2012)
For the first preliminary, Ohgiminami was registered as team 21, Group 4. Their venue was Kaji High School Gymnasium, along with Group 5. Because they lost in the second round to Karasuno, they only played two matches on the first day and did not move on to the representative playoffs held in October.
- Ohgiminami High School vs Dewaichi High School (2:0 / 25-22, 25-21)
- Ohgiminami High School vs Karasuno High School (0:2 / 16-25, 13-25)
- After Noboru Akimiya retired from the team, Yoshiki Towada became the captain.
- Most of the members are second years, with Natsuse being the only first year.
- Ōgi (扇) is a family name that means "folding fan".
- Minami (南) means "south".