Rintarō Suna (Japanese:
Suna has dark brown, slightly-combed down hair, with few strands sticking out at the top of his head and middle-parted bangs. He has grayish-yellow narrow eyes and thin eyebrows. He is often seen wearing a blank expression.
Suna appears to be a deadpan, quiet person. He tends to slack off when his team has a huge point lead and it seems to be winning the game. He’s more expressive with his thoughts, wishing he could find a reason to poke fun at Kita or making snarky remakes against Tsukishima and Tanaka. He's also quite analytical, being able to manipulate the opposing blockers and figuring out that Tsukishima was baiting him to shoot around his block.
Tokyo Nationals ArcEdit
Although he is considered short for a middle blocker, Suna is a very formidable player with incredible instincts and game sense. He is shown to be a capable blocker that can think, similar to Tsukishima, but his most notable trait is his ability to utilize his torso when he spikes. This makes him one of Inarizaki's top scorers along with the ace, Aran. However, he is noted to be a slow starter and tends to slack off when his team gains a comfortable lead.
- Sharp Game Sense: According to Coach Ukai, Suna possesses a sharp instinct, akin to a sixth sense for the game. He can quickly adapt to the opposing team's pace to put up an effective defense. During the match against Karasuno, he reacts almost immediately to Kageyama's toss to shut down Tanaka's spike.
- Wide-Range Spike: Suna's strong suit is the incredible breadth of his spiking range. In addition to using his shoulders, he is capable of rotating his entire upper torso while spiking to increase his range, all the while retaining spiking power. He would use his approach run and body direction to manipulate the blockers into guarding one direction before he attacks to a different angle.
- Favorite food: Chuupet, also known as jelly fruit sticks.
- Current concern: “There’s no way I’d let myself get caught up in the twins' dumb antics.”
- He has been stated by Keishin Ukai to be one of the two main point-getters for Inarizaki.
- Suna's name is derived from the Tibetan Sand Fox, also known as "チベットスナギツネ" or chibetto suna gitsune.
- He is the only character on the Inarizaki team that does not speak in the Kansai dialect and instead speaks in the standard Tokyo dialect.
- Rintarō (倫太郎)
- 倫 - Correct Relationship
- 太 - Thick
- 郎 - Man
- Suna (角名) - Reliable
- Rintarō (倫太郎)