He has wavy light brown hair with matching colored eyes. He is also quite tall for a high school student standing at 190.4 cm (6' 3").
Hirugami possesses a very calm and composed demeanor. He's not easily distracted or fazed in matches, thus allowing him to take in and process all information on the court like a machine. He is also highly observant and calculating, as shown when he purposely targets Asahi with a difficult serve knowing that the latter is already under heavy pressure to perform well.
It is revealed that he used to a perfectionist who strives to be the ideal player. He would feel guilty over every mistake he made and practiced intensely to make up for it. After a talk with Hoshiumi and realizing that quitting is an option, Hirugami moved on from his uptight personality to become more relaxed.
Born into a family of accomplished volleyball players, Hirugami is blessed with both physique and the natural talent for the sport. He started playing when he was young and eventually enrolled in Yurisei, the top volleyball middle school in his prefecture .
Hirugami had a intense desire to perform well to the point where he would become overly critical of every mistake he made. He practiced relentlessly and referenced many physical training books to build up his physique in hopes of minimizing his failures. Eventually, his efforts garnered him an Outstanding Athlete Award. However, Hirugami continued to be unsatisfied and had every mistake he made weighted heavily on his mind.
One day while walking back from practice, Hirugami blamed his own hands for making mistakes and mindlessly started scraping his right knuckles against the stone fence along the road, drawing blood in the process. He was stopped by Hoshiumi before tearfully confessing that he might not like volleyball after all. Hoshiumi told him that it was okay to quit as he believed that Hirugami was simply burnt out from being so intensely devoted to the sport.
Tokyo Nationals ArcEdit
Hirugami is a highly known Middle blocker, nicknamed "Immovable Hirugami" in the spring tournament. Being consider the cornerstone of Kamomedai's blocking game. He never gets fooled by decoys and is excellent at read blocking. His read blocking can be compared to that of Dateko's Aone, being able to quickly react to where toss will go to and getting a touch on the ball.
- Read Blocking: Hirugami is highly skilled when it comes to read blocking, that it rivals even Dateko's Aone. It is hinted on the first play against Karasuno when Kageyama performed their minus tempo quick attack, Kageyama was surprised Hirugami was even able to react so quickly even though it was his first time seeing it. He observes each play that is happening in front of him and narrows down those unable to join in the attack and moves in to block on his own will. Commented by Kenma, He is a very experienced read blocker who doesn't get tricked by decoys and is able to quickly track down the ball.
- Jump Floater Serve: Like Suwa, Hirugami also knows how to do a jump floater serve. Hirugami's floater can be compared to Atsumu's floater, as it slowly floats and suddenly travels fast. It was shown to be difficult to receive, as when Daichi couldn't even receive it.
- Favorite Food: Shumai with extra large fillings
- Current Concern: His sister's boyfriend is annoying when he's being lovey-dovey.
- Hirugami mentions that he dislikes his "Immovable" nickname because it sounds like he stands still and does nothing .
- He has a brother 7 years older than him and a sister 4 years older.
- His older brother, Fukuro, is the captain of the V1 League team Schweiden Adlers.
- His sister, Shokō, is an opposite hitter for the Light Pharmaceutical Red Rabbits.
- It's hinted that he owns a dog.
- The first characters in his and his brother's name combine to make "幸福", meaning happiness.
- Sachirō (幸郎) - Good Luck
- Hirugami (昼神) - Day God
- "...But knowing that I can just quit whenever I want...All of a sudden it felt like the world opened up to me." - To himself, Volume 40 Chapter 351
- "Bumping serves is a skill that can be practiced. Blocking is a skill that can be practiced. Even the way you think is a skill that you can practice and perfect. But... it was what he taught me that day that's become the foundation of it all. Making a mistake won't kill you."
- "Welp! I always griped about that 'Hirugami the Immovable" nickname because it made it seem like I don't move at all. But I can't really complain about it now, can I? I guess I'll just have to give up and accept it for what it is." - To himself, Volume 41 Chapter 362