The boys' Volleyball Club has a banner that reads "Rising Up Everytime" in accordance to their persistent play style.
Under the guidance of their coach, Shishio, the team favors a play style of pressuring their opponents little by little. The team's priority is not making perfect plays and overwhelming their opponents directly. Instead, they are willing to make consistent and average plays if it means it will benefit them in the long run. Daishō from Nohebi has noted Sarukawa as a team showing great tenacity and courage for employing an unconventional strategy of targeting the setter.
Spring High National Tournament (2013)
- Sarukawa Tech High School vs Amanoshiro High School [Okinawa] (2:1 / 20-25, 25-21, 25-19)
- Sarukawa Tech High School vs Nekoma High [Tokyō] (0:2 / 23-25, 30-32)
- Even though Sarukawa is represented as monkeys (saru, 猿), the kanji in its name (早流) is actually unrelated to them.
- Sarukawa Tech's banner is written as "何度でも立て" (Nandodemo tate) which translates to "Rising Up Every Time".
- Most Sarukawa members are named after various locations in Ishikawa Prefecture.