|Date of birth||December 16|
|Height||162.5 cm (5' 4")|
|Weight||53.3 kg (117.5 lbs)|
|Likes|| Volleyball |
|Occupation||High School Student (1st Year, Class 4)|
|Image gallery (16)|
Shibayama is the shortest player on the Nekoma team. He has slightly thick eyebrows, along with dark eyes. His hair is also jet black, and is parted in the middle.
In the anime, he has only been shown wearing his red track suit and practice clothing. In the manga, he is finally shown in his volleyball uniform in chapter 200.
Whilst Shibayama is an incredibly minor character, he is shown to be shy and gentle yet determined. Whilst not being as talented as the other players on his team, he tries his best to help where he can.
Karasuno High Team Formation ArcEdit
Tokyo Expedition ArcEdit
Spring High Preliminary ArcEdit
Tokyo Nationals ArcEdit
Compared to Yaku, Shibayama is far less skilled as a libero. Though when he gets serious, he becomes quite proficient at receiving.
During the match against Nohebi Academy, he was substituted in for Yaku after the latter injured himself from stepping on a spectator's foot. Kenma decides to only make Shibayama switch in with Lev when the middle blocker is in the back row, rather than switching with both Lev and Kuroo due to Shibayama's lack in rhythm with the team in official matches.
Jumping Reach: 280 cm
He's shown to hang around Inuoka often and in most scenes that he's in, Inuoka is close by.
Shibayama was shown comforting Lev during his period of insecurity after the match against Fukurodani. During the match against Nohebi, Shibayama is the player that makes Lev believe he has finally "clicked" with the team.
Shibayama respects Yaku, but is intimidated by the fact that he has to play as well as Yaku whenever he's switched into matches.
- Favourite food: Omurice
- Current concern: "Everyone is so good at receives and I don't feel like I am needed at all, but I'm gonna try my best to practice!"
- His star sign is Sagittarius.
- His name means gentle/skilled (優) + pure (生), Mountain Turf (芝山)
- He is the youngest member in his team.
- "Just now... I was clearly being targeted. Yaku-san is a presence that the opponent tries to avoid at any and all costs... But in my case, all they see is a "weak link" with a huge bullseye on my back...!" (to himself, Chapter 199)
- "The way I am now, I'm not worthy of staying on the court the whole game. The only one who can prove that I am worthy...is me." (to himself, Chapter 200)
- "Kuroo-san and Sawamura-san's smiles both faded the moment they turned their backs to each other. They were each reminded of just how difficult of a feat it is "to survive through Day 2." (to himself, Chapter 246)